Did Demi Lovato's Tattoos Ruin This Magazine Cover?

Demi Lovato graces the cover of Allure magazine's February issue, but did Lovato's Tattoos Ruin This Magazine Cover?

First of all, the answer is... Absofuckinglutely NOT. But that's not what the readers over at The Fashion Spot had to say..

Queen Demi Lovato (I've been a fan of her ever since she posed for this gorgeous, body positive NSFW photoshoot) graced the cover of Allure magazine's February issue, and of course- she looks flawless. It's the "clean issue," so- the requirements were little to no makeup, and she is STILL killing it. I literally look like Danny Devito without makeup on; so, this is extra impressive to me.

The folks over at The Fashion Spot, who are also big fans of Lovato- celebrated her first time Allure cover and praised her for you know, looking amazing and being awesome and stuff. And, while their readers also seem to be fans of Lovato- they sure had a lot to say about her tattoos making an appearance in her cover shot. And they weren't nice.

Did Demi Lovato's Tattoos Ruin This Magazine Cover?
Demi Lovato on the cover of Allure magazine

That's right. Many of their readers had some choice words regarding the cover. Among the negative comments regarding Lovato's tattoos:

“I wish she would have put her hand down because it’s really distracting. If this is the clean issue, then I want to see a beautiful face with little to no makeup, not a bunch of tattoos,”

“Most tattoos have an interesting story, a personal meaning, but in terms of the simple aesthetics of a cover shot, those just look unimpressive and messy. Like faces, hairstyles and fashion, if something is going to be on the front of a magazine, it had better be worth looking at”

“They should have left the bird tattoos and Photoshopped the rest out IMO. That type of cross always makes me think of a prison tattoo. Otherwise it seems like a nice portrait.”

“I’m sorry, but those tattoos look disgusting. They’ve actually ruined an otherwise classically beautiful shot. Love her smile here, and I’m surprised it’s such a toothy smile.”

Did Demi Lovato's Tattoos Ruin This Magazine Cover?
Demi Lovato in Allure magazine

So, wait. Would this be classified as tattoo-shaming? Is this a thing now?!

Of course, tattoos have gained a negative reputation over the years. We've all heard the "you're never going to get a job" comments, and if you went to Catholic school your entire life like I did, you've definitely heard the "your body is a temple" lecture.

And while obviously I think these are ridiculous statements and I roll my eyes at the negativity surrounding tattoos and other body modification - I can see where a HEAVILY tattooed person, like, head to toe, face, hands, eyeballs, whatever the fuck - could be alarming to the average Joe. I can see how that could potentially warrant some confusion or negativity or "judgy" comments. I don't agree AT ALL, but I guess I kind of get it.

A simple wrist tattoo though? A dainty forearm piece? Is it really that shocking? Is it THAT much of a surprise that a young, trendy, famous girl is rocking a couple of small tattoos on her body? And did having it visible really RUIN the magazine cover?!

Come on. Now it's just getting a little out of control. Considering that there are roughly 45 MILLION Americans that have at least one tattoo, I think we should probably start getting used to seeing them on magazine covers every once in a while.

Did Demi Lovato's Tattoos Ruin This Magazine Cover?
Demi Lovato in Allure magazine

So, I think I probably already know your answer- but what do you guys think? Do you think Demi Lovato's tattoos ruined the Allure cover?

Did Demi Lovato's Tattoos Ruin This Magazine Cover?
Demi Lovato displaying a few of her tattoos